364 Days ago I took the most beautiful person to his first Brewer Game. At first, I thought he was perhaps a serial killer… never being to a brewer game and having grown up in Wisconsin. Then I decided that he was only a spider killer, and a damn good one at that.
2 points. 1 = not serial killer. 1 = spider killer.
In the last year we have:
- Taken a dream vacation to Lake Placid, NY and spent the week with my beautiful family.
- Celebrated history in Bristol, IL at the infamous Renaissance Faire.
- Continued history lessons in Schaumburg, IL at the also popular Medieval Times. Castle, knights, roses, front row, heroes and villains.
- Discovered and proclaimed our love for each other.
- Moved in together.
- Celebrated birthdays, holidays and weekends.
- Went to 2 Madison Mallards Games.
- Hiked at Devils Lake.
- Toured Wollersheim Winery and became case club members.
- Went to a Badger Hockey Game.
- Took in a Roller Derby at the Alliant Energy Center.
- We each had nieces who were baptized and became godparents.
- Spent a memorable weekend with Andy and Amy in Minocqua at Bear Lake. (“Everyone in da club is tits” – Andy)
- We have gone to fish fry’s at Lockwoods Longshots, grilled our own steak at Hooker’s Resort, had sandwiches at Lake Side, sweet potato fries at Thirsty Moose
- Took Vince to his first Demolition Derby at the Lodi Fair.
- Had pool parties.
- Made “Zuma-ing” a common word around this house.
- I fell in love with a man and a boy, their fish and their husky. We are now a family.
- Vince met Donald Driver at a event at Henry Vilas Zoo.
- I have been to Jason’s Hockey games, Vince’s baseball games, Vince’s basketball games and soon Vince’s football games (practices so far).
- Jason and I have played enough volleyball together to proudly say we still love each other.
- I started Invisalign braces.
- I went back to school for my Human Resources Management certificate (to be completed in November). A nice addition to my BS degree.
- I have made some true and lasting friendships.
- Amy who I could just squeeze and put in my pocket. She is the kindest, most altruistic, sensitive, empathetic person I know. She is a wonderful cook, wife and kitty mom. She inspires me to have the kind of love and life she shares with her husband Andy. Andy likes to make up words to songs, gnomes, magic cards, butt charlies and the saying, “what what in the butt butt”.
- Laura is a great person and she barely knows it. She, like me… is always striving to be better, grow and live our lives to the fullest. She already has so much going on for her. Even when she thinks she is being negative, she is still more positive than most people I know. She is so kind, beautiful and just a true soul. I feel honored to count her among my friends. Dan and Jason bond over knee pimples. If you just cringed, thank you. It’s not normal.
- Terrisa, who has and always will be a person that does not pass judgement, will always (ALWAYS) be there for a friend and is beautiful… will always make me feel blessed to count her amount “mine”. She has an effortless flair about her. She can shake it like a polaroid picture like no other. Whenever I have a problem I feel is too big to handle… I know she will be there with wine or sparkling grape juice (because she makes people… and is working on her 3rd). Pat lives for softball, bowling, Terrisa and the boys (and soon a little princess too). He is an extroverted, perverted and lovely person. Loyal friend and good dad. I’m pretty sure he owes me a drink for something… I’ll think of it.
- And everyone else who touches my life constantly with good thoughts, greatness, awesomeness, sparkles, glitter and shine. I’m truly a lucky girl to have people like Joni, Hillary, Jamie, Sarah, Kelly, Jennifer, Melissa and more I’m sure.
- I watched Jason and some of his closest friends plant a tree for a friend lost, Randy. It was emotional and touching and truly a testament to what a group of great people they are.
- Jason surprised me with a tee time and we went golfing for the first time in years. I was so sore for days, so was he.
- We weeded the yard, several times.
- I found a love I thought was only meant for movies and fairy tales. I dream of wedding bells, rocking chairs and sharing private moments with the man of my dreams, for the rest of my life.
- I’m a better person because of him.
- His son teaches me something new everyday. He is a kind soul, a great kid, sweet, honest, athletic… he hugs me. It melts my heart.
Gosh, I’m sure there is more… but really it all comes down to the fact that the last year of my life has been one of the best. I have shared it with the man of my dreams, my family, and my friends. I feel like I’ve grown more as a person than in many other years combined. I have re-prioritized things and find that what’s important… really is as easy as the people in front of you.
I’ve got a lot to learn. More to grow. I look forward to every moment of this learning experience. It hasn’t always been easy. I’ve had moments of pull my hair out frustrations, screaming into the pillow hormonal meltdowns, marveling moments of how a bathroom can get that gross when such a little human uses it. It has been some of the hardest times, but so rewarding, so worth it.
I’m sure there will be so much more in our future, I’m excited about the possibilities!