I’ve been following the 21 Day Fix meal plan (you know, the colored cups)… and have really enjoyed some of the new things that I’ve rotated into my diet in order to get all my colors in for the day!
One of my favorite new meals are:
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Chicken
- Chicken Breast (1) cut into pieces
- I usually cook 6 chicken breasts on Sunday to use in various recipes throughout the week
- Zucchini (2) spiralized
- Pesto Sauce (2 teaspoons)
- Use Vegetti spiralizer and make zucchini noodles
- Place zucchini noodles on paper towels for 30 minutes and let the juices come out
- Note: I rarely do this step because I wait too long to start making dinner and I’m hungry… so my end result is a little runny… but I’m okay with that.
- Place zucchini noodles on the stove in a small pan (spray with cooking spray if not non-stick) on medium-low heat.
- Add chicken breast and pesto sauce
- Stir continuously for a few minutes until everything is warmed up. Sometimes I cover the pan for a while to let it all warm up. Since the chicken is already cooked – it really is only just warming everything up.
- Throw into a bowl and enjoy!
- 1 red (chicken), 1-2 green (zucchini – depends on the size), 2 teaspoons (pesto)