This is a good one.
I just got back from spending seven days in Mexico with a bunch of amazing women. We spent time at the beach, at the pool, in sessions together, and lots of time laughing. That was a beautiful experience… however my favorite way to the spend the day is still relaxing somewhere that feels like home.
Here is how my perfect day would go:
- I’d wake up without an alarm clock, but still around 7am because mornings are my favorite.
- I’m also clearly not working on my favorite day, which should be obvious… but I’ll call it out here just in case.
- I’d put on some comfortable clothes, throw on some warm slippers and beach wave my hair (because I like when it has a little volume… even when I’m relaxing).
- I’d let the dogs in who are so sweet and lazy in the morning.
- I’d have a coffee and an apple cider donut in my kitchen with the morning sunlight streaming in from outside… wrapped in a blanket and fending off Mya’s advances towards me and my donut.
- I’d spend some time watching whatever I wanted in the morning on the TV (because most likely Jason and/or Vincent are still sleeping) and checking my phone far too much.
- I’d put on some workout clothes and take the dogs for a walk… because on my favorite day it is super pleasant outside.
- I’d probably have some kind of avocado chicken sandwich/wrap for lunch with some fruit and then some chocolate(s). If this favorite day is not totally grounded in reality… then I’d really like tiramisu as my dessert… but it would have to be straight from Italy.
- I’d definitely do something crafty (make a necklace, paint something, read a book)… probably while enjoying a glass of wine.
- I’d also have some kind of epic series on my laptop to listen to while crafting (LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Alien, Underworld, Resident Evil, etc, etc). — Jason will be in his happy place playing his video game on the main tv.
- I’d probably take a nap while crafting – on accident or on purpose. With all the windows open and a beautiful breeze blowing through (and Jason would kill any fly that threatened my slumber).
- I’d invite friends and family over to do crafty relaxy things with me.
- I’d light the best smelling candle, probably from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Jason and I would enjoy a nice dinner which he makes on the grill because he is the grill master and the smell of a charcoal grill is divine.
- All my Pottery Barn candles would have turned around by dinner time and they will be flickering with the most delightful fake flames.
- Then we would sit around the fire at night and listen to music and relax. I’d be wrapped up in my most cozy blanket and when I was tired would have the short commute of walking to my bedroom.
- My friends and family have all gone home or crashed on the couch before I go to bed… or I kick them out when I’m tired because it’s MY favorite day… which has an early bedtime too.
- On my favorite day I’ve also been taking the best pictures all day long and posting them on all the social media because I love to share.