If I loved myself unconditionally… I would definitely be more comfortable in my body.
I spend so much time wasting precious brain cells trying to be comfortable in my body where it is in this moment in life. Logically I know that it is a waste of time, but I think there is something to be said about the technology at our fingertips and the images we are inundated with. So, while I think I look fine… then I look at Pinterest to get ideas for work outfits and feel like 90% of the results wouldn’t look good on someone who has such a fondness for Wine and Nutella…. like myself.
So, I’ve actually been making this a focus of mine lately (not wine and Nutella… because that’s always a focus of mine). I’ve been focusing on being more grateful to my body and what it can do for me. I would like to spend my time focusing on this deliciously adventurous thing called life…. than focusing on losing a couple inches in middle section of my body.
So… here’s to playing with balance and priorities and landing somewhere in the middle.
I couldn’t imagine living without:
I am always so thankful for the comforts of the life I’ve been blessed to live. So I can’t imagine living without a roof over my head, running water at my fingertips, heat (heated blankets, a heated house, warm clothes, warm blankets), electricity, always having food available when I’m hungry, ability to work and support my family and having a healthy body that allows me to live the life I choose to live.
I am also thankful for a wonderful family and extended family, friends and all the souls that touch my life.
I couldn’t imagine my life without you.
I know I skipped 5… I’ll circle back around to it.
The words I’d like to live by are:
Self-love, self-compassion and self-kindness shine out from you. You cannot love, be kind or have compassion for others if you don’t do it yourself. LOVE YO’ SELF.
This is a good one.
I just got back from spending seven days in Mexico with a bunch of amazing women. We spent time at the beach, at the pool, in sessions together, and lots of time laughing. That was a beautiful experience… however my favorite way to the spend the day is still relaxing somewhere that feels like home.
Here is how my perfect day would go:
- I’d wake up without an alarm clock, but still around 7am because mornings are my favorite.
- I’m also clearly not working on my favorite day, which should be obvious… but I’ll call it out here just in case.
- I’d put on some comfortable clothes, throw on some warm slippers and beach wave my hair (because I like when it has a little volume… even when I’m relaxing).
- I’d let the dogs in who are so sweet and lazy in the morning.
- I’d have a coffee and an apple cider donut in my kitchen with the morning sunlight streaming in from outside… wrapped in a blanket and fending off Mya’s advances towards me and my donut.
- I’d spend some time watching whatever I wanted in the morning on the TV (because most likely Jason and/or Vincent are still sleeping) and checking my phone far too much.
- I’d put on some workout clothes and take the dogs for a walk… because on my favorite day it is super pleasant outside.
- I’d probably have some kind of avocado chicken sandwich/wrap for lunch with some fruit and then some chocolate(s). If this favorite day is not totally grounded in reality… then I’d really like tiramisu as my dessert… but it would have to be straight from Italy.
- I’d definitely do something crafty (make a necklace, paint something, read a book)… probably while enjoying a glass of wine.
- I’d also have some kind of epic series on my laptop to listen to while crafting (LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Alien, Underworld, Resident Evil, etc, etc). — Jason will be in his happy place playing his video game on the main tv.
- I’d probably take a nap while crafting – on accident or on purpose. With all the windows open and a beautiful breeze blowing through (and Jason would kill any fly that threatened my slumber).
- I’d invite friends and family over to do crafty relaxy things with me.
- I’d light the best smelling candle, probably from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Jason and I would enjoy a nice dinner which he makes on the grill because he is the grill master and the smell of a charcoal grill is divine.
- All my Pottery Barn candles would have turned around by dinner time and they will be flickering with the most delightful fake flames.
- Then we would sit around the fire at night and listen to music and relax. I’d be wrapped up in my most cozy blanket and when I was tired would have the short commute of walking to my bedroom.
- My friends and family have all gone home or crashed on the couch before I go to bed… or I kick them out when I’m tired because it’s MY favorite day… which has an early bedtime too.
- On my favorite day I’ve also been taking the best pictures all day long and posting them on all the social media because I love to share.
During my retreat to Orlando this past weekend with some visionary and amazing ladies, I was asked to write a love note to myself. What felt right for me was a poem. Though I don’t normally write poetry, I’m quite infatuated with it and wanted to share, because when I was done it didn’t feel like it was just for me – but for anyone and everyone.
You have always been joyous and free
It is YOU, who were meant to be
Born a wild and wonderful child of the sea
Waves have rocked and shaped you
Stars have guided you
Winds have kept your navigation sure and true
Through mighty storms and disastrous droughts
You’ve always known what this world was about
Which is making sure your insides shine OUT
Giving to others the gifts that they need
To ensure, that though they might cut open and bleed
It was only the promise of hope, that was planted there as a seed
Love comes bursting from your heart
Your life is your art
Never doubt you were created perfect, right from the start
I personally have been touched by this beautiful program. It’s a program put together for women who want more. I didn’t know what to expect when I signed up a year ago, however one year later… I can say what I got.
I found a gentler me.
I found a me that believes in magic and the beauty of ALL women.
I found a me that looks around at the potential in others and the greatness in togetherness.
I found a kinder me. Kinder to myself first, which then spread to kindness to those all around me.
I found myself allowing more gentleness, passion and play into my every day.
I found it okay to be vulnerable and became a seeker of more intimate and deep friendships and circles.
I found that at the end of the day – all things above have always been me… just covered up by years of being who I thought I should be. Playing a role to best fit in. Playing small to not stand out too much. Playing it a bit safe at times even. I found myself, and I loved what I found.
So… if you are interested, read the call to action below. Know that geography isn’t a limiting factor. Ladies from all over the country, and sometimes internationally have joined in on this program and were able to take advantage of its benefits.
Check out this program by my mentor Regena Garrepy. Registration closes this week!
The Red Hot Visionista Sacred Circle is beginning. If you have been a Red Hot fence-sitter, Visonista side-liner, or sacred circle onlooker and you have thought about joining us someday, consider this your heart felt invitation. Right now is when I ask you to look beyond the thoughts of not enough time or money, not enough got it together or perfect timing. Consider this moment your soul nudge, your universal SIGN, that there is still a spot left for YOU. Put your stake in the ground and say YES to the red hotness inside you. Because the world (your family, your community, your soul) doesn’t need you to step up someday. It needs you right now. Click here to learn more: https://form.jotform.com/62537123874156
I saw this picture today and was totally struck by the truth behind it! You are the things you feed your mind, soul, and body.
The exciting/scary thing behind this idea is that it is your choice! Which means it is in your control. Which means you can elevate yourself to new heights (yay) or anchor yourself where you are (boo).
So, if you’re feeling stuck or stagnant… make the conscious choice to feed your body, mind, and soul good vibes (tastes like Nutella).