If I loved myself unconditionally… I would definitely be more comfortable in my body.
I spend so much time wasting precious brain cells trying to be comfortable in my body where it is in this moment in life. Logically I know that it is a waste of time, but I think there is something to be said about the technology at our fingertips and the images we are inundated with. So, while I think I look fine… then I look at Pinterest to get ideas for work outfits and feel like 90% of the results wouldn’t look good on someone who has such a fondness for Wine and Nutella…. like myself.
So, I’ve actually been making this a focus of mine lately (not wine and Nutella… because that’s always a focus of mine). I’ve been focusing on being more grateful to my body and what it can do for me. I would like to spend my time focusing on this deliciously adventurous thing called life…. than focusing on losing a couple inches in middle section of my body.
So… here’s to playing with balance and priorities and landing somewhere in the middle.
**Playing catch up on these prompts on this beautiful rainy fall morning.**
What does unconditional love look like to me?
It looks like my dogs. They love me every day. They don’t care if I’m hangry, hormonal or having some other human experience. They are excited to see me every day. They will cuddle with me even if I was a jerk five minutes ago. They make me laugh and smile.
The love they show me is contagious. It makes me want to be a better human for them. When I’m mad because I’m cleaning up dog fur… for the seventh time that day because Huskies are always shedding, or I’m cleaning up poop or pee because one of them has a serious anxiety problem when it comes to fireworks… I just remember that they would love me if I pooped on the floor or was shedding all over.
In all seriousness, my dogs are a great example of unconditional love every day. I hope to be more like them when I grow up.
You guys, I have the best family. I have a Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins (first, second, third… literally hundreds of cousins), Step Siblings, Step Parents, Bio Parents and a Sister I’ve been harassing since the day she was born. that I don’t see for quite a while. I can go a year in between seeing them… and they still feel like home when we hang out. I can honestly say without a doubt that I would trust any of them to help me, hold me and cheer for me any day of the week (maybe a slight delay in response on Packer Sundays… ;).
I have many blessings in this life, but my family is one of my biggest blessings. They have been supporting me since before I knew what a blessing they were. I cherish each and every family member I have.
If one of my famdangle is reading this now… I love you, let’s hang out :)
I couldn’t imagine living without:
I am always so thankful for the comforts of the life I’ve been blessed to live. So I can’t imagine living without a roof over my head, running water at my fingertips, heat (heated blankets, a heated house, warm clothes, warm blankets), electricity, always having food available when I’m hungry, ability to work and support my family and having a healthy body that allows me to live the life I choose to live.
I am also thankful for a wonderful family and extended family, friends and all the souls that touch my life.
I couldn’t imagine my life without you.
I know I skipped 5… I’ll circle back around to it.
The words I’d like to live by are:
Self-love, self-compassion and self-kindness shine out from you. You cannot love, be kind or have compassion for others if you don’t do it yourself. LOVE YO’ SELF.
I have decided to get back on the wagon of writing in here more consistently. To help with that I’m going to use this list of 30 journaling topics to get the writing juices flowing every day. I’m looking forward to the challenge and accountability factor… now that I’ve posted on here that I’m going to do it.
List of 30 topics:
- My favorite way to spend the day is…
- If I could talk to my teenage self, the one thing I would say is…
- The two moments I’ll never forget in my life are… Describe them in great detail, and what makes them so unforgettable.
- Make a list of 30 things that make you smile.
- “Write about a moment experienced through your body. Making love, making breakfast, going to a party, having a fight, an experience you’ve had or you imagine for your character. Leave out thought and emotion, and let all information be conveyed through the body and senses.” (A prompt from Barbara Abercrombie’s creative book Kicking In The Wall: A Year of Writing Exercises, Prompts and Quotes To Help You Break Through Your Blocks And Reach Your Writing Goals.)
- The words I’d like to live by are…
- I couldn’t imagine living without…
- When I’m in pain — physical or emotional — the kindest thing I can do for myself is…
- Make a list of the people in your life who genuinely support you, and who you can genuinely trust. (Then make time to hang out with them.)
- What does unconditional love look like for you?
- What would you do if you loved yourself unconditionally? How can you act on these things whether you do or don’t?
- I really wish others knew this about me…
- Name what is enough for you.
- If my body could talk, it would say…
- Name a compassionate way you’ve supported a friend recently. Then write down how you can do the same for yourself.
- What do you love about life?
- What always brings tears to your eyes? (As Paulo Coelho has said, “Tears are words that need to be written.”)
- “Write about a time when work felt real to you, necessary and satisfying. Paid or unpaid, professional or domestic, physical or mental.” (Also a prompt from Abercrombie’s Kicking in the Wall.)
- Write about your first love — whether a person, place or thing.
- Using 10 words, describe yourself.
- What’s surprised you the most about your life or life in general?
- What can you learn from your biggest mistakes?
- I feel most energized when…
- “Write a list of questions to which you urgently need answers.” (This is probably my favorite prompt from Abercrombie’s book.)
- Make a list of everything that inspires you — from books to websites to quotes to people to paintings to stores to the stars.
- What’s one topic you need to learn more about to help you live a more fulfilling life? (Then learn about it.)
- I feel happiest in my skin when…
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say no to.
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say yes to.
- Write the words you need to hear.