- My husband
- My nieces
- My dogs (when they are being good)
- My Step Son
- My Parents
- All the other family (and there is a lot of them)
- Oceans (being around them, hearing them, thinking of them)
- Dark Chocolate (80% or higher)… also Tiramisu
- Other people rocking their style/attitude/etc.
- LOVE (in all forms, between all people)
- My Tattoos
- A great scarf (must be ridiculously big and soft)
- Walking through nature
- Great Songs (I’m obsessed with “If You’re Out There” by John Legend
- A great book (Sarah Addison Allen is one of my favorite authors for smile-worthy books).
- Hallmark movies with Aunt Deb and Uncle Dick, by the fire, all cuddled up
- Baileys (on the rocks or in hot chocolate) ^ also usually happens when doing number 21
- Toms shoes
- Comfortable sweaters, slightly oversized with long sleeves
- Droppin’ it like it’s hot on the dance floor
- Random run-ins with interesting strangers
- My RED HOT sisters from all over the country
- NUTELLA. Duh.
Moment 1: Standing in the Barn during my wedding late at night.
I took one moment to stand apart from everyone and take in the moment. Thinking to myself… this is MY day. And just being filled with such gratitude and joy for all the people who made that day the BEST day. I will never forget standing there and being filled with such pure love and joy.
Moment 2: Pep talk from my cousin Carmen
I was at a high school dance. I had been shut down or pushed out of a group and was feeling bad about myself. My cousin Carmen came over and gave me the best pep talk. She basically let me know that I was awesome and everyone else’s opinion did not matter (she used shorter words that rhymed with curse words… or maybe they were just curse words). Long story short… someone who I loved and admired told me I was worth all the awesomeness.
I know the challenge is to write two moments, but I have so many. So many special memories of my amazing family. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Siblings and Parents… have all blessed me with their time and love. I am a blessed human and having to choose just two moments reminds me how very blessed I am… because I have HUNDREDS of special moments.
Wrapping up one year and looking forward to the next. What an interesting process. I remember many years where I couldn’t wait for the fresh start that a new year would bring. Funny how optimistic I always am at this time of year considering I live in Wisconsin and the new year just means 4 more months of cold weather.
This year however I am just truly thankful and blessed to have experienced all the days in this year so far. I’ve experienced so much growth in so many areas.
This year marked 5 years of togetherness with my husband and 2 years of marriage. It has seriously flown by. I’m so thankful for us and hope we continue to share many more trips around the sun together.
I attended a life and business coaching group for 9 months out of the year that totally changed my perspective on many areas of my life. It’s helped me declutter, repriorotize, rediscover and challenge my thoughts and beliefs.
I enjoyed my 2nd full year of consulting on my own. It’s been such a rewarding experience and opportunity to work on different projects with different people. Definitely a different kind of education. I’ve really started to appreciate and acknowledge what I can add to a team and project. Being my own cheerleader has been such a blessing.
My step-son turned 14 and watching him grow and discover himself is something I’m thankful to be a part of every day. He’s such a blessing and gives me perspective and many learning experiences.
We spent the year focusing on our finances and now find ourselves debt free (except for our home). This is such a freeing accomplishment and it takes so much pressure of our career choices and really allows us to enjoy our 9-5’s more since we don’t feel trapped by them.
I was diagnosed with Ménière’s disease in August. An inner ear disorder that causes ear ringing, vertigo and nausea. By cutting out caffeine and sodium I’ve managed to control the symptoms (and my anxiety around the sparadic nature of the episodes). So, yay.
I traveled to Napa (CA), Orlando (FL), Mexico, Lake Placid (NY), Door County (WI), Rockville (MD) and of course Cleveland and Cincinnati for work. I enjoyed every trip and was lucky enough to spend time with great people and make wonderful memories at each location. Not to mention some good food too.
We took down a wall (thanks HGTV for the words “open concept”, repainted most of the main level, filled a dumpster of crap to declutter the house, and put in new vinyl wood planks instead of the old carpet.
I started and cancelled a wine club. I started and cancelled a fitness subscription. I gave up giving up Nutella.
And so many other wonderful things… with wonderful people.
With only two weeks left in this year, I have nothing but gratitude and love for 2016 and can only imagine what 2017 will bring… and I look forward to finding out.
What a packed year 2014 was! I was a bridesmaid, bride, honeymooner in Italy, new business owner, step mom, crafter, creator, and so much more. I’m so looking forward to the new challenges, opportunities, memories and milestones that 2015 will bring. Im feeling so in love with this life I’m blessed to be living!
Combination of Hungry and Angry. Two that go together often for me. Hangry.
Sources of hangry:
- Left lane = fast lane. Not slow lane, texting lane, twirling hair lane, in-my-way lane. Move over butter!
- Geography that keeps me from some of my family members.
- Wine = chocolate = I like big butts and I cannot lie = MORE zumba.
- Wedding expenses…. are expensive!
Things I am NOT hangry about lately:
- Seeing real progress in my invisalign braces!
- Being less than 1 year away from being a wife, having a husband and a step child and a new last name!
- Volleyball games!
- Good (warm) weather!
- Loving my job (that I’m working very long and hard hours at)!
- Getting things done around the house slowly but surely!
- Feeling closer to my family by following them on facebook!
- Having enough time to slowly and carefully plan for my wedding!
- Whole hearted, honest and nourishing friendships!
- Feeling more confident in my 30’s than ever before (well I’ll be damned we DO get better with age!)
- Our adorable wedding website: hagaandciano.ourwedding.com